- Business Process Management
- Organizational Routines
- Digital Trace Data Research
- Postdoc (akademischer Rat) and research group leader at the Institute for Digital Management and New Media with Prof. Dr. Thomas Hess (since May 2022)
- Research and teaching associate and PhD student at the Institute of Information Business at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (April 2017 - April 2022).
- Collaboration in the Erasmus+ project "BPM and Organizational Theory: An Integrated Reference Curriculum Design".
- Research stay at the Department of Information Systems, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia
- Research stay at the Institute of Information Systems of the University of Liechtenstein
- Doctoral thesis on "Organizational Complexity: Insights from Digital Trace Data Research".
- Studies in IT and Business Process Management (M.Sc.) at the University of Liechtenstein (September 2014 - April 2017).
- HILTI Fellow in IT Governance
- Thesis on the topic "Development and Application of a Measurement Scale for Business Process Standardization".
- Studies in Economics (B.Sc.) at the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg (September 2011 - July 2014)
- Specialization in foreign economics and international trade
- Thesis on the topic "Transfer Pricing in Multinational Organizations".
- Digital Economy (M.Sc., project course)
- Business Information Systems (B.Sc., exam)
- Workshop Co-Initiator and Co-Organizer for Workshop on Business Process Management and Routine Dynamics
- Associate Editor in track "Business Process Management" at the International Conference on Information Systems (WI) 2023
- Program Committee for 20th International Conference on Business Process Management 2022, Münster, Germany
- Australasian Journal of Information Systems
- Information Systems Management
- National and international conferences (ICIS, ECIS, BPM, HICSS, WI, DESRIST)
- Membership in Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- 2021 Nominee, Best Paper of the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.
- 2019 Nominee, "That's interesting" Award at EGOS 2019
- 2017 Winner, Young Scientist Award by the Society for Process Management
- 2017 Winner, Best Master Thesis Award by the University of Liechtenstein
Wurm, B., Grisold, T., Mendling, J., & Vom Brocke, J. (2021). Measuring fluctuations of complexity in organizational routines. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2021, No. 1, p. 13388).
Grisold, T., Wurm, B., Mendling, J., & Vom Brocke, J. (2020). Using process mining to support theorizing about change in organizations. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Various research projects with practice partners
- Internships in various manufacturing, consulting and software companies